12/09/2010

Southern Poverty Law Center names Family Research Center a "hate group"

Meese: Southern Poverty Law Center 'Despicable' for Naming Conservative Organizations ‘Hate Groups’
Tuesday, December 07, 2010
By Pete Winn

(CNSNews.com) - Former Attorney General Edwin Meese says it is “despicable” for the Southern Poverty Law Center to classify the Family Research Council and a dozen other top conservative organizations as “hate groups” similar to the Ku Klux Klan.


“I think it’s ridiculous,” Meese told CNSNews.com about the list published by the SPLC. “I know about seven or eight of those groups. I know the people very well. I know the groups very well, I’ve worked with them over the years, and I think it actually undermines the credibility of the Southern Poverty Law Center to make such a statement.”

Last week, the Southern Policy Law Center announced that it was going to classify the Family Research Council and 12 other organizations as “hate groups” because of their positions on homosexuality.
READ MORE HERE

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment