11/08/2010

TSA: Opt Out of a Body Scan? Then Brace Yourself

Does TSA now stand  for "Today's STASI in America"?

Opt Out of a Body Scan? Then Brace Yourself

JOE SHARKEY, On Tuesday November 2, 2010, 1:40 am EDT

HAVING been taught by nuns in grade school and later going through military boot camp, I have always disliked uniformed authorities shouting at me. So I was unhappy last week when some security screeners at O’Hare International Airport in Chicago started yelling.


“Opt out! We got an opt out!” one bellowed about me in a tone that people in my desert neighborhood in Tucson usually reserve for declaring, “Rattlesnake!”

Other screeners took up the “Opt out!” shout. I was marched from the metal detector lane to one of those nearby whole-body imagers, ordered to take everything out of my pockets, remove my belt and hold my possessions up high. Then I was required to stand still while I received a rough pat-down by a man whose résumé, I suspected, included experience at a state prison.

Read The Article : Opt Out of a Body Scan? Then Brace Yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment