-By Warner Todd Huston
Dept. of Health and Human Services so that they could get out of having to comply with Obamacare and unions were particularly well rewarded by the HHS with these waivers.
Interestingly, there was no great announcement of these waivers issued to the press. The HHS buried the waiver announcement six layers deep on its webpage and posted them on Friday when they imagined no one would notice. It’s a typical Friday evening document dump so common when an administration wants to avoid the prying eyes of the people. So much for the “most transparent administration in history,” eh?
One thing is sure about these waivers. Obama rewarded his union pals quite well. Som 15 unions and union healthcare or financial fund and insurance providers fill the list of companies and groups that will not have to operate under Obamacare’s destructive rules.
- The Service Employees Benefit Fund
- United Food and Commercial Workers Allied Trade Health & Welfare Trust Fund
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Union No. 195
- Asbestos Workers Local 53 Welfare Fund
- Employees Security Funds
- Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 123 Welfare Fund
- United Food and Commercial Workers Local 227
- United Food and Commercial Workers Maximus Local 455
- United Food and Commercial Workers Local 1262
- Musicians Health Fund Local 802
- Hospitality Benefit Fund Local 17
- Transport Workers Union
- United Federation of Teachers Welfare Fund