Image via WikipediaWhy Eric Holder should resign.
- Trying terrorists in civilian courts against:
- Law passed by Congress and signed by President Bush
- Expert warnings that civilian courts would invite problems
- Federal District Judge Lewis Kaplan ruled key evidence inadmissable in Ahmed Khaifan Ghailani trial
- Jury acquitted Ghailani on 284 out of 285 counts
- Holder says after this near debacle, that it will have no bearing on where Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is tried.
- Black Panther Jerry Jackson case involving voter intimidation dropped
- Bartle Bull is a former civil rights lawyer and publisher of the left-wing Village Voice and he calls the Panther's behavior "the most blatant form of voter intimidation I've ever seen". One of the Black Panthers brandished a nightstick at the entrance and pointed it at voters and both made racial threats. Mr. Bull says he heard one Panther yell "You are about to be ruled by the black man, cracker!"
- Failed to , or were tardy, taking action to ensure military persons stationed overseas got absentee ballots in a timely manner to vote in elections.
- Suing the State of Arizona for passing a law that mirrors Federal Law, which enables local law enforcement to enforce those laws.
EDITORIAL: Forcing Holder out
Respected officials call for attorney general's resignation
By THE WASHINGTON TIMES -The Washington Times 2:02 a.m., Friday, November 26, 2010
The calls have begun for Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.'s resignation. Potential Republican presidential candidates Newt Gingrich and Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty both took that position last weekend in response to last week's embarrassing result in the trial of Guantanamo terrorist detainee Ahmed Khalfan Ghailiani. Mr. Gingrich and Mr. Pawlenty won't be the only prominent politicos reaching the conclusion that Mr. Holder is unfit for the office he holds.
READ MORE HERE
Related Stories: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,595683,00.html , http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/why-did-holders-justice-department-dismiss-the-black-panther-case/ , http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/reverse-discrimination-new-black-panther-case , http://biggovernment.com/sright/2010/07/09/new-black-panther-party-president-admits-to-philadelphia-voter-intimidation-holders-justice-department-still-silent/