|McConnell, Cantor, Boehner|
Since then? Silence
When asked about the disconnect between what Rice said and the facts that have since come out, President Obama didn't answer the question, but instead, feigning outrage, went after McCain and Lindsay Graham, saying "If they want to go after someone, go after me". The GOP response? Nothing. Then, with their cue delivered, women member of Congress, the media and other liberals began their attacks: "This is about her race". "The attacks on Susan Rice are because she is a woman". "It's because she's a black woman"! OF course, the criticisms had nothing to do with either her race or her gender, but it doesn't matter! The agenda is set! Unless the criticism is of a heterosexual white male, default to the Dem playbook. "The GOP is anti-women/black/latino/gay/elderly/children/et.al.
See how this works? Like clockwork, the weak GOP leadership will then go into hiding, cowering at the accusations like whipped puppies.
If they do send someone out, it is one of their establishment lap dogs, a RINO Rep or Senator being groomed to be one more spineless loser, to have their ass handed to them by an intellectual lightweight hack like Soledad O'Brien, so ill-prepared are they of even the most inane challenges to their position.
The result is that we are going to have someone who:
- Flips the bird to opponents at staff meetings.
- Advised against taking custody of Osama bin Laden from Sudan in 1996.
- Is described by former UN Ambassadors as "wildly ineffective", showing deference to despotic regimes, while showing lack or support (if she shows up at all) for U.S. allies (most noticably, Israel).
- Singled out by Russia as someone who would make it difficult for Washington/Moscow relations.
- Continued to advance the White House spin about Benghazi long after facts exposed the lies.
God help us!
LETTING US DOWN: GOP LOSING SUSAN RICE DEBATE
by JOHN NOLTE 21 Nov 2012
For some reason, even after "binders," "birth control," and Big Bird actually did help Obama win a second term, the Republican Party is apparently still under the illusion that, just because the Left and the media launch a Narrative that's objectively false and nonsensical, we don't have to push back against it. But if those exit polls taught us anything, it's that we do. And a lack of pushback is why we're currently losing the Susan Rice debate.