1/22/2013

Veteran Stands up for the 2nd Amendment at Chicago Anti-Gun forum

Posted by Tom


On January 20, 2013, the New Trier Democrats held a "Guns and Public Safety Forum" in Chicago. A veteran rose to address speakers and defend both the First and Second Amendments.

Here's a short transcript of the exchange, the video is below:
Veteran: Sir, sir. While you’re standing up. I’ve sat here [inaudible] and I’d like to agree with the professor. Everyone standing in this room right now, especially the veterans in the room right now, know, that we are all Americans. The problem with this country right now is it’s us and it’s f***ing them. We need to stop this crap.
Now, the thing I would like you to answer, sir. And I did go to war for this country. Whether it was for everyone in here’s ability to have oil and gas in their cars, or the banks, or whatever. I went to war for my country.
And I went to war for your ability to have the First Amendment, to say what you stood up there and said today, to write what you want to write in your newspaper, and have whatever opinion you want to have. You can practice whatever religious freedoms you want. I would like you to answer the question, since you just said that one of the rights that I went to war over to defend, that is inalienable, to every American citizen. If this discussion was going on, about your First Amendment rights, would you still have the same opinion that we don’t need that any more either.
Goodman: You didn’t hear my answer….that’s not what I said…I said it doesn’t matter what their reasons are, what matters is whether or not it’s relevant today.
Audience member: It’s an eternal truth, an eternal truth….
Goodman: When they consider any part of the Constitution, any law, they’re going to say, “what does it mean today?”
Audience: NO!
Veteran: The threat of tyranny, today, is no less than at the turn of the century in 1900, in 1800, or in 1700!




Thank God for brave men who are willing to stand and defend our Freedom and Liberty... Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

1 comment:

  1. Early spring 2011 Wile serving as a member of the 2nd Infantry division. During a deployment readiness servery I was asked "If so ordered to do so would you fire Upon citizens ?" I answered "No" two weeks afterwards I was told I could not reenlist for reasons of "down sizing". A week earlier all the jobs were open and available to me. I am not conspiracist nor do I support such. What leads me to believe there was a correlation is the timing of the servery with regards to my reenlistment. I was honorably discharged when my original Enlisment contact was up.

    ReplyDelete