1/22/2013

What history tells us....

Posted by Tom

Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892-1984) expresses his feelings regarding the the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets.

"When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.
When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out."

  
History repeats itself, the nature of man has not changed and never will....For those of you in doubt, who think this doesn't apply to you, consider this.........

When the Government banned high capacity magazines,
I remained silent;
I didn't own any..
When they came for semi-automatic rifles,
I remained silent;
I didn't own one and only used a bolt action rifle for deer hunting...
When they came for the pistols,
I remained silent; 
I didn't feel the need to carry or own one, I'm only a sportsman...
When they came to my house to take my hunting rifles and shotguns;   
I had nothing with which to protect my family
When I exercised my Right to Free Speech, they illegally searched my home and seized my possessions,
I remained silent;
as I was too afraid to speak out and there was no one left capable of protecting our Liberty....


 If the stated goal of the current Administration is to really save lives and make us safer, consider this, handguns are clearly responsible for the highest proportion of gun related homicides:


 Of all the homicides committed in the United States, for which the FBI received weapons data, 67.5 percent involved the use of firearms.  Of the firearms used in these homicides, Handguns were used in 68.5 percent of these cases, as of 2010.  Source:  fbi.gov


IF one takes repeatedly stated goals at face value, which is to save lives and reduce violence, then make no mistake, handguns will be next and the rest will be sure to follow.  Any other course of action would be in-congruent to their stated goal.

Don't sit back and let your rights be TAKEN from you!

Contact your Elected Officials and let them know that they took an Oath to Support and Defend the Constitution of this great Country and you expect for them to uphold that Oath, before it's too late!.....


It has been said that a smart man learns from his mistakes and a wise man learns from the mistakes of others.  I THINK WE WOULD BE WISE TO LEARN FROM PASTOR Martin Niemöller AND OTHERS LIKE HIM...     Contact your Elected Officials by Clicking HERE


the stages of freedom...

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage


 

1 comment: