12/12/2012

MSNBC Host: Drive Energy Prices Up to Make Green Energy More Attractive

Posted by Brian

MSNBC host: Energy is just too darn cheap
POSTED AT 5:31 PM ON DECEMBER 8, 2012 BY JAZZ SHAW    

While I was taking a short break from working this morning and fixing some breakfast, my TV was still on in the background, tuned in to MSNBC. The host of Up With Chris Hayes was holding court over a panel discussion on domestic energy issues, so since that’s pretty much my field I had decided to tune in. The initial discussion had roped in quite a bit of the usual disinformation on natural gas fracking (which appeared to draw heavily on “facts” from fabulist Josh Fox’s fictional propaganda piece, Gasland). There was one industry “advocate” included who I wasn’t familiar with, but she never seemed to manage to take a stand against any of the worst of the energy witch-hunt comments being thrown around, which led to my wandering off to fry up some scrapple and eggs.

But then, just as Hayes was preparing to toss to a commercial break, one quote reached my ears which quickly dragged me back to the TV.

My sense is that the price of energy is too low at some level right now, and I want to talk about that right after we take this break.



Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment