10/15/2010

We Don't Need No (Leftist) Education

October 13, 2010
We Don't Need No (Leftist) Education
By Robin of Berkeley


Berkeley, CA Youth
 We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave those kids alone. . .
All in all, you're just another brick in the wall
- Pink Floyd, "Another Brick in the Wall"

David Horowitz is one of those rare people who change lives. I know, because he changed mine.


When I started snapping out of my Leftist trance three years ago, I had nowhere to turn. I didn't have the foggiest idea why thugs were surrounding Obama. Weren't the progressives the good guys?

I turned to my local Borders bookstore for some answers. There I found the writings of David Horowitz, to which I could immediately relate. Like me, Horowitz was a Jew from New York who was hoodwinked by radicalism.

But that's where the similarities stopped. My parents were JFK-type liberals who loved this country. Horowitz was a red diaper baby.

Horowitz is also many years my senior. While he was a fiery radical during the '60s, I was (blessedly) too young to participate in those violent and misogynistic times. I came of age during the comparatively mellow feminist revolution.

A leader in the civil rights movement, Horowitz plotted revolution with such notorious characters as the Black Panthers' Huey P. Newton. Horowitz implored college students at rallies to burn down buildings. My only illicit action was plastering This Degrades Women stickers onto billboards in Manhattan subway stations.

Horowitz also woke up and got a clue decades before me. Since then, he has made it his life's mission to expose the Left's extreme agenda. Like a modern-day prophet, Horowitz forecast that a Shadow Party, masterminded by George Soros, would seize control over the Democratic Party. Tragically, Horowitz's predictions have come true with the (s)election of Obama.

One of Horowitz's burning passions is restoring sanity to our schools. For years, he's launched a a virtual one-man campaign to expose the extreme left-wing bias among university professors. Horowitz figured out early on what the radicals were doing: earning their Ph.D.s, infiltrating the universities, and brainwashing students into radical ideology. With tenure-for-life academic positions, the radicals then brought like-minded professors into the fold and shut out conservatives.

The militants wanted to start the indoctrination as early as possible. Professors of education began training new public school teachers to produce the littlest of foot soldiers. It's no coincidence that FOB (Friend of Barack) Bill Ayers is a retired professor of education.

In Reforming Our Universities, his newest book, Horowitz details his lone-wolf struggle to restore intellectual freedom to our universities. In Reforming, Horowitz offers an Academic Bill of Rights to protect students and faculty who hold divergent points of view.

Read More >
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment