9/18/2012

Media Hack Soledad O'Brien: Romney "Doesn't Worry About 47% Of The Country"

Posted by Brian

Soledad O'Brien is quickly becoming one of the biggest hacks in journalism. My guess is that she is able to get by with it because she is easy on the eyes.  But it doesn't make it easy to watch her. Behind her smile is a condescending, elitist air. She is also thin-skinned and hostile to those with whom she disagrees. In her mind, she is the smartest, most prepared person in the room, her stack of "facts" from Wikipedia and Google laid out before her.

Soledad O'Brien makes no attempt to hide her disinterest in Bay Buchanan's answer.
In an infamous confrontation with Breitbart's Joel Pollack over Obama's relationship to Harvard Professor Derrick Bell and critical race theory, O'Brien was at her most acidic.  O'Brien asked Pollack to define critical race theory, which he did, and then accused Pollack of not knowing what he was talking about. She then gave her own definition.  The problem is that Pollack was correct, and O'Brien was wrong. As in other interviews with those whom she disagrees, she comes off as very full of herself, and of her moral and intellectual superiority.  The interview descended into O'Brien and her guest accusing Pollack of racism. The typical liberal tactic when you're getting your ass handed to you in a debate.

This brings us to O'Brien's latest hack interview with Bay Buchanan over comments Mitt Romney made at a fundraiser.  She starts out, not by quoting Romney, but by giving her "summary" of Romney's statement in the most negative light she can,  Saying he doesn't "worry about 47% of the country," complete with snarled lips and facial expressions disgust. She does nothing to hide her bias, and is unwilling to even consider Bay Buchanan's logic: that Romney was speaking politically as to his ability to reach those 47% of voters, and get them to vote for him. Therefore, he needs to focus his message to the other 53%, especially the independent voters, in order to win the election.  Of course, O'Brien's message is that Romney doesn't care at all for those 47% , and wishes they would just die.

You see, that's how all conservatives think according to O'Brien and her ilk.  Yet she is totally unconcerned for the 47% of Americans that are dependent on government, or that the number continues to grow at an alarming rate, precisely because of liberal social policies and entitlement programs. It is the soft bigotry of low expectations, as stated by George W. Bush.







Transcript:

“There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it.” 
“That, that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax,” he continued, adding “so our message of low taxes doesn’t connect.”  
“[M]y job is, is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.”

Enhanced by Zemanta
There was an error in this gadget